First Time Visitors
It is our sincere desire that your first visit with us be as comfortable and encouraging as possible and that we be a blessing to you in every way. If you know in advance that you will be visiting with us, and you would like to, please drop us an email in advance, with your name and children's ages, and we will make sure that you are greeted by a church representative to assist you throughout the day. Please feel free to email email@example.com or call or text (910)398-4695 with any questions you may have.
What Should I Expect When I Visit North Trident Baptist Church?
At North Trident we focus on the heart more than on the outward appearance. Those in attendance attempt to dress in a way that does not draw attention to themselves, because we want the focus to be on Jesus Christ alone. When you come to one of our Sunday services, although you will notice our pastor wears a suit, you will find that the people dress in a wide variety of styles from as casual as jeans or shorts to a smaller number dressed more formally. Most people find themselves somewhere in the middle, just be sure to dress so that you will be relaxed and able to get the greatest possible impact in worship and fellowship.
The chief purpose of mankind is to glorify God by loving Him with the entire heart, soul, mind, and might (Deuteronomy 6:5; Isaiah 43:7; Matthew 22:37). All believing men, women, and children are to glorify God and thus fulfill the purpose of their existence. Worship glorifies God through adoration (Psalm 95:6), praise (Psalm 99:5), prayer (Daniel 6:10-11), thanksgiving (Nehemiah 12:46), and a complete yielding to Him (Romans 12:1). Worship declares His worth, pays Him homage, and celebrates Him in a life of devotion. We seek to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth (Exodus 15:1-21; 2 Samuel 6:14-16; Psalm 5:7; John 4:23-24; Revelation 4:11; 5:12).
At North Trident we recognize that worship style is in a constant state of flux and what is in vogue today will be considered outdated tomorrow. We also recognize that everyone has different taste in music and that people have a variety of temperaments that contribute to their preference of worship style. North Trident is committed to ministering to the body of believers as a whole with the glory of God always in the forefront of our endeavor.
There are several tenets that guide our worship. We seek to:
- Lift high the name of Jesus Christ (John 4:22-26; John 12:32; John 14:6).
- Lead God's people to lift their hearts and voices to Him, giving Him praise and thanks in music and lyrics (Nehemiah 12:45-46; Psalm 66:1-4; Psalm 95:1-2).
- Prepare hearts to hear the Lord speak through the proclamation of Scripture (Psalm 95:6-9; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42).
- Emphasize fresh and contemporary expressions while retaining the traditional elements that recognize the richness of our heritage in the faith (Deuteronomy 32:7; Psalm 33:3; Isaiah 46:8-9; Matthew 13:32, Ephesians 5:19; Revelation 5:9).
- Pursue nobility in worship, knowing that God is not a God of chaos and He is worthy of our very best (Exodus 12; Deuteronomy 17:1; Psalm 33:3; 1 Timothy 4:14-15; Hebrews 11:4).
Following Your Visit
Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us at North Trident Baptist Church. We believe every guest has been sent by God Himself. We are excited to see what God has in store for you as you take the next step in your walk with Christ. We want to make certain you have all the necessary resources for this to happen. Please take a moment to email us and let us know about your visit at with us.